Stencell is a small template based on PDMS. It can be used for cell biology microvolume experiments. Stencell is placed in a culture dish. There are currently five designs available and their applications range from wound healing assays, parallelization, preparation of immunofluorescence assays, etc.
It is specially helpful when you are working with super expensive reagents or very rare cell lines, and when you want to test various experimental hypothesis.
Features of Stencell
- Stick it to a variety of culture labware: So far, it has been successfully stuck on: Glass slides, plastic dishes, transwell inserts, polyacrylamide gel…
- Remove it: Stencell is not glued. It can then be removed to:
– Trigger cell migration
– Switch from flow chamber to open window
- It is compatible with imaging: These thin sheets of silicone are fully transparent, without autofluorescence.
- Parallelized and standardized experiments: One multiwell Stencell can perform several experimental conditions
- It saves samples and reagents: A few microliters only are required